letting it all go



Sammy coughed all night long.  I don't care how old my kids are, I can't sleep when they aren't feeling well.  

When morning came, I knew I had to cancel two meetings I had today. There was no way I could have left her to herself.  

As our slow and quiet morning went on, this little guy's dad called asking if I could take him last minute.  I told him Sam was sick, but it would be alright with me.  

After lunch, I took the little guy into the kitchen for a bath. He loves to splash in the sink.  As I sat there and watched him play, I remembered how my day was supposed to look.  

Sometimes I need to let it all go... and let the day run itself.  Today I am thankful for this joyful lesson.  

Back to my sickie and toddler.  They are keeping me on my toes!  



Labels: , , , , , ,