My pastor offered a challenge this Christmas season. She invited us to re-meet Jesus by reading the Gospel of Mark , one chapter at a time, every day until Christmas. She is giving us three questions to ask ourselves:
- What disturbs me about Jesus?
- What delights me about Jesus?
- What do I want to ask Jesus today?
I am excited to go on this journey. What a great way to re-meet Jesus or meet Him for the first time.
Today is day two. Here are my thoughts on Day 2, Mark Chapter 2
1. Why didn't Jesus spend more time with scribes? I know they were not understanding Jesus and the grace He wanted to bring... but why not spend more time with men that had such influence?
2. I love that Jesus finds inner healing and wholeness more important than outer healing. I love that He hung out with sinners. It makes me feel like he would hang out with me.
3. Why does Jesus seem to choose some to heal and spend His time with and others He seems to pass up?
If you would like to join the conversation, please head on over to Cheryl's blog
, or comment here.